I love baking treats for the family or just myself and it’s a perfect activity to do on a Sunday. I made this a few days ago and it turned out perfect! Crunchy yet soft base with a creamy and fulfilling top. This recipe does not require any baking so it’s really easy to make. I was advised to bake this the day before consuming but personally I did it all in one day and it turned out brilliant. I have only made this once but like I said it is so easy you will be calling yourself a pro in no time.
– 300g chocolate digestive biscuits
– 20g cocoa powder
– 50g unsalted butter
– 375g sweetened condensed milk
– 50g dark chocolate chips
– 4 limes
– 250ml double cream
– 1 square of chocolate
1. Place biscuits into a food processor and mix until the biscuits look like breadcrumbs. Then add the butter and the chocolate chips into the processor and give it another mix until well blended into a damp, sandy consistency.
2. Place into fridge for around 2 hours.
3. Grate the limes into a small bowl and keep refrigerated for later use.
4. Pour the condensed milk into a bowl and add the juices of the limes. Then add the double cream and mix until the volume has nearly doubled in size and becomes a lot thicker.
5. Pour the mixture over the biscuit base and decorate with both grated lime and chocolate.
6. Serve and place back in the fridge as you don’t want the pie to become soft.
A great tip is that you can also freeze the chocolate key lime pie for up to 3 months. Defrost overnight in the fridge.
Do you have any favourite Sunday baking recipes?